Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back from The Abyss and Museum Updates

I'm back from the dark black abyss that is a software implementation. My sanity is so far intact, I think. I now have withdrawl symptoms from not having had the opportunity to keep up with what is going on in the news. In addition, I want to know where the heck the summer went? Its flippin' August already! It can't be August! I've only gone to the pool three times this summer. Then I'm finding out about all the life changing things going on in my friends lives - - I was only 'gone' for two months and gone-gone for the last two weeks, right? I call this the Rip Van Winkle effect.

Let me catch you up on the progress at the Chapel site at the National Museum of the Marine Corps.

Mid July, this is what the Chapel parking lot looks like from the front door of the Chapel.


DSC_0014

August 2nd, it doesn't look a lot different, well, maybe that big pile of dirt is smoothed out now.

DSC_0161

Mid July, looking at the parking lot from the top of the walkway to the chapel.

DSC_0017

August 2, I took this photo along the fence line a little to the left of the above photo so I could get more of the lot in. It is taking shape.

DSC_0164

Mid July, looking down the stretch.

DSC_0018

August 2 , looking down the stretch, again, I moved a bit further down the fence line so I could get a shot of the length of the lot.

DSC_0165

At the end of September, just in time for the cold winter months, the docent corps will be moved out of our digs inside the museum to the temporary construction trailers. That will mark the beginning of Phase 1 A buildout that will build the galleries for the Revolution up through World War 1.

No comments: