Monday, August 18, 2008

Saddleback Controversy

Wow, I guess within 24 hours the Obama Campaign was accusing the McCain Campaign of cheating.

Now, if McCain was cheating - - I'd have expected him to have done better. In my honest opinion, I thought that Obama did a better job reaching the American public that was watching via television. Both sides were given some of the topics to be covered. If McCain had heard Obama's answers, I'd have expected him to make some very pointed comments during his segment to discredit or counter him. I'd have also expected him to be more relaxed - - less stiff. If McCain was play acting that, he deserves an academy award. And you know, both sides can watch the video - - just like you and I and can quickly formulate counter arguments.

By the way, here is a link to all the cuts from the forum:

http://search.cnn.com/search?query=Saddleback&type=video&sortBy=date&intl=false

I'd have posted them here but I'm having some minor flash player issues.

What makes me mad about the "Cheating" attack - - I feel like it is not only slamming McCain's integrity -- but its questioning Rick Warren and Saddleback Church's integrity. By questioning the Pastor's integrity and that of the church, I really feel its questioning the integrity of all Christians. Its a Satanic attack pure and simple.

Now, I know there may be some people reading this blog that now think I'm a crackpot because of that last comment. But I call it as I see it. I am really thinking there is some agenda that Evil doesn't want addressed or doesn't want taken seriously. Maybe its abortion, using fetal stem cells, gay marriage, the war on terror, a resurgence of Russia, genocide, a southern slide in the moral compass of our nation, our national irresponsibility in regards to resources both natural and financial, or just plain Evil.

Does our nation have the guts to stand against Evil in the world - - even it if means standing alone? Even if it means sacrificing?

No comments: