Monday, October 13, 2008

The Amazing OBX Weekend

I have just returned from an amazing weekend with my Bible study group. We went to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I feel so relaxed!!!

Our house was awesome! C found this house in the Four Season's community of Duck that rented for weekends during the off season. We each had our own King size bedroom with bathroom and there were still two bedrooms and one bathroom to spare.

DSC_0756 DSC_0759

We were a 500 yard walk to the beach and a 200 yard walk to a club house with a heated indoor pool and fitness room. We had a hot tub at our house. It was GREAT!

The hot tub wasn't heated up when we got there on Friday and wouldn't heat up Saturday. So, we called for someone to fix it. By Sunday, we were golden! In fact, it was a bit too hot. We started joking about where the little Pygmies dancing in a circle around us were, and we made reference to a few old Elmer Fud and Bugs Bunny cartoons. We did turn it down so we wouldn't boil ourselves. It was fabulous! I slept so well after that!

Besides chic flicks, walks on the beach, shopping and sight seeing, we threw a bridal shower for our friend K.A.

DSC_0653

It was a intimates shower where we got her things she would wear on her honeymoon. I think we got her covered for every night of her honeymoon.

DSC_0670

I got her this sweet lavender nightie. This tends to be my style as far as these things go. I like the sexy and shy look.

DSC_0657

Our house had this perfect little look out sitting area - - perfect for having a bridal shower.

DSC_0641

Here are our group shots.

DSC_0646 DSC_0648 DSC_0649

D was not expecting me to lick her face. We were going to do silly faces and she had something all prepared but my lick totally caught her off guard.

The next day, it was sunnier so we took a few outside. Do you see a theme where we do serious and then funny.

DSC_0771 DSC_0773

K.S., C and I went up to Kitty Hawk, to the Wright Brother's memorial and museum. Its a bit different since I was last down here four years ago.

DSC_0788

I did get up early on Sunday to try for some sunrise shots, but the clouds nixed any actual sun sightings. I did get some neat lighting effects.

DSC_0690 DSC_0745

I do like this Sea Gull flying picture. It was a challenge to track them as the flew.

Sunday afternoon they had no swimming flags flying because the rip tide was so bad. The waves were pretty huge. Here this wave is up to K.S's shoulder.

DSC_0859

The lifeguards did ride up on their 4 wheel drive to make sure my friends were just playing in the surf.

Our blanket was a bit close to the high tide.

DSC_0867

It is back to work tomorrow - - lots of stuff going on this week. I'm just excited that I was able to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That seagull picture is AWESOME!!