Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Fair Maiden's Tree

DSC_2857


The Corsair and Harrier appear to be ready to crash into the Woman Marines Association tree on the observation deck outside the mess hall.


You know, I'd never consider decorating a tree with mini American flags. I always think of those as decorations for July 4th. The ornaments on this tree are designed to be handled, maybe that is why it was placed outside the mess hall. There are ornaments that represent women from every era of the Marine corps. On the front of the ornament is a picture and on the back is the story behind the picture.


When I was photographing the tree, I didn't realize that there were stories on the back of the pictures. What a great idea! I'll have to go back and read through a few of them. I will also file this idea away as a future Christmas tree decorating idea - - a scrapbook Christmas tree!


DSC_2867 DSC_2864

No comments: