Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Generals Getting Wired

I saw this article in today's Christian Science Monitor about some of the service Branches' top brass setting up Facebook profiles and blogs to inform the public about their mission and to get feedback from troops.


Military brass joins wired troops


I'm wondering, if a General sets up a Twitter account and sends out a tweet that reads, "Drop and give me 20"  Would someone in the military have to do it?  Since I have spent my life observing the military - - its a non-military kind of hmmm.


Anyway, I did some on the spot research and sure enough the Brass sited in the article do have Facebook accounts.  General Ward doesn't, that I could find - - but has a blog somewhere so I'll have to look for that.


I debate - - should I send a friend request?  If they actually blog, that could be interesting reads - - or boring.  Who knows.


Gene Renaurt James Stavridis Thad Allen


So my military/millitary spouse friends, what do you think of this?  Good idea?  I'm not sure if many of their troops would "friend" them.  I mean, geez, you'd have to be really careful about what you put on your facebook page with the possibility of these guys lurking about.  I've realized after adding several of my co-workers at Friends on Facebook that I need to watch my complaining/venting.  I mean, I need to be careful when I call a supervisor a jerk (um, for any of my bosses that might be reading this on my Facebook feed, I haven't called any of you jerks. Um, lately.  At least I don't think so.  Arrrrgh!  Crap, I don't have time to scrub my blogs!)


Seriously, my policy when I started blogging was if its something I wouldn't want the public to know, I wouldn't blog about it.

No comments: