Friday, February 6, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You - - Story of My Life




Just got back from dinner and a movie with two of my friends. We along with, I think, almost every single woman in the Metro DC area packed the theaters for Opening night of this movie. My friends and I lingered a little too long over a Baja Fresh, so when we got to the theater, we had to sit in the second to front row. I don't think I've ever sat that close to a movie screen.


This was a cute movie. Almost painful to watch - - kind of like Napoleon Dynamite, where watching brought all the bad memories of High School flooding back. This brought back all the yuck memories of dating. Unfortunately, I'm still dating and still making those mistakes. I'm not AS bad as the main girl they follow. But I'm close.


The most entertaining aspect was listening to the audience reactions. Almost the entire audience was female. Well there was a smattering of poor male schmucks who got dragged to this chick flick by their wives or dates they are hoping to score with or they are the guys being used by a girl who's just not into him to score a free movie. One of those.


To be fair, this is probably a good movie for guys to watch so they can see just how confusing they are. Honestly, my opinion is, if you don't intend to call, don't say you will. If you don't want me to call, don't give me your phone number. I have only met one guy (Major A) who actually played fair, if he said he'd call, he did. However, like all guys I've dated - - he just wasn't into me.


Leaving, one of my friends commented, its nice to know we're not alone.

How true this statement was. The theater was, like I said earlier, flooded with single women. Beautiful single women. High school girls, college girls, career women - - every single one of us having experienced the "He's just not that into you" at least once and I'm sure many of us still experiencing that.


How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, I thought was funnier. There were quite a few characters in Not Into You so it was hard to follow who was who. If you go out with a group of your girls, this is fun to see in the theater. Otherwise, you can wait til it comes out on DVD.



No comments: