Sunday, September 27, 2009

Retreat to the Hills - - Baptisms

DSC_0790

Baptisms were held at the hot tub after the last session for the day. The thing that most excited me was how many people came. I think several hundred came to witness 15 get baptised. One of the gals in my Bible study group was baptized .

DSC_0803

Below, my friend gives her testimony and why she is choosing to be baptized.

DSC_0812

DSC_0832

DSC_0833

DSC_0836

After the baptisms, there was a talent show. Last year I didn't go because I was so tired. This time I had taken a nap before the homecoming game so I could make it late into the night. Can I just tell you this was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I mean, I have paid big bucks for comedy shows but this free show was by far the best I've seen in a while.

The MC is who made it funny. He had funny comments regarding everyone who went up on stage -- and the performers were such good sports!

Below, juggler. She told us she learned this as a "Party trick" in hopes that knowing how to do this would get her invited to more parties. It didn't work that way, but she knows how to juggle.

DSC_0862

Again, we are clearly NOT a Baptist church, below a dance routine to a Spice Girls song.

DSC_0872

The two guys below won the crowd favorite award. They were really good. Next year, I need to take video.

DSC_0874

No comments: