Saturday, September 26, 2009

Retreating to the Virginia Hills

Last weekend, I escaped the hustle and bustle and stress of the Washington, DC area and went to a church retreat at Rockbridge Alum Springs, a Younglife camp.

This was the main lodge where all of the sessions were held. We had about 500 attendees.

DSC_0700

Below is the "Chow Hall".

DSC_0783

This is the "lake" aka pond for all of us that grew up by the Great Lakes.

DSC_0784

A beautiful, peaceful babbling brook gently cut through the camp. There were many rocks and benches where you could sit and enjoy quite time in the rising morning sun. I wish this time of day lasted longer.

Copy of DSCN9069

The theme of the weekend was "Schooled". The message that I walked away with was to remember that I am to love God first. Serving Him is my first priority. After the first session, most of the 'campers' headed over to the Homecoming dance -- yes this was a back to high school theme.

The dance was such fun! I haven't danced since the Marine Corps Birthday celebration last year. Clearly, we are not a Baptist church. Lots of dancing.

DSC_0675

This is me with a couple of the men in our singles group.

DSC_0699

Below, one of the pastors shows everyone his dance floor moves.

DSC_0694

No comments: